Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: B18C1 going to ENDYN part 1

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well... I'm taking the dive.
    ENDYN is getting motor and blower.
    So for those of you who are curious of the differance, I will be sure to let you know.
    Maybe I'll just post the new dyno runs.

    Not being delivered till mid September, so it will be a while.

    Here my stage 1 engine removal shots:

    Looks naked, don't it? View?u975237&ampa7155638&ampp25350674&ampSequence0
    View?u975237&ampa7155638&ampp25350672&ampSequence0




    ------------------
    95 GSR
    JRSC @ 11lbs, Dry Manifold NOS (Track), DC Header, Nakayama Intake, Brospeed Exhuast, RC 310cc injectors, Holley Pump, STR rail, Hyper R, B&M oil cooler, MSD6BTM, Blaster coil, MSD Cap, ACT 6 puck, Baer 13" Kit, Slotted/Xdrilled rear, Stainless lines, M/T for the track, blah, blah, blah......

    *** Going to TOO for a complete motor and blower rebuild. (8/00)

    229hp
    185 ftlbs w/o juice

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats!
    Larry should have my engine done pretty soon, too. He's had it for some time now. But I spoke to him last week, and he said it was coming along fine. I'm so ready for it!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He hasnt been real good about emailing me back...

    PLEASE let me know when you get it back....
    This is a boatload of money, I hope it's worth it.

    How long has it been?

    [This message has been edited by 11psiGSR (edited July 31, 2000).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I am just glad to see that someone is doing it that is on this board and can finally put to rest all the crap flying around about ENDYN. Make sure to keep everyone posted.

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Airmass header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, RC 310's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, H&R sports and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on a Carbon Fiber diet.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    11psiGSR, I will definately be doing some dyno runs, AFTER the engine is broken in properly. I plan on doing some dyno runs on the engine NA, to see how strong the engine is compared to OE, and then with the blower on it. It will be some time, once I get the thing back, it will take a few weeks to put 1k miles on it. I don't think I'd boost it any sooner than that. BTW, Larry has had the engine since May. That is a long time, but we have an understanding. I be patient, and he makes it worth the wait! Besides, that gives my wife time to deal with it.
    Mr.Rogers, you know that I had the ENDYN blower mods done a long time ago, don't you?
    I wish I had done all the dyno runs before and after to show everybody, but the fact is, I didn't. So I have nothing that anyone will believe. I know what kind of improvements were made, but conveying that message without numbers is tough. Everyone will know when it's done though.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hooper:

    That's great....

    I am not concerned about a quick turn-around either.

    He mentioned to me about running the motor n/a until the 1k mark.... I told him I don't think I have all the parts to return it to stock. He said that that would be fine as long as I adheare to a STRICT break-in procedure.

    I am excited, but am trying to keep it in because I know it's going to be a while. Especially since I can't even make the trip to deliver the motor until the 2nd weekend of September.

    Keep me posted on your status......


  7. #7
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the important things are:
    1st) to not boost the engine during break-in
    2nd) as he said, to adheare to the break-in procedure.
    A couple of years ago, I did a moderate build-up that consisted of JEs with new rings and shot peened rods. His instructions at the time were to use cheap, non-detergent motor oil and to rev only to 3k rpm for 250 miles, change oil & filter. Then rev to only 3.5k for 250 miles, change oil and filter. And continue with that pattern until you reach 1k to 1200 miles. That engine handled 15psi of boost until I took it out and sent it to him! Compression was good all the way accross!
    I shipped my engine to him. I crated it up, and called a trucking company to pick it up...$92. BTW, ask Larry about my crate. He got a real kick out of it!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    11psiGSR - Is the price still around $1500 or so for blower mods? What is supplied with the upgrade........is it still the same(per site)? I hoping to send my blower off around the same time biggrin

    Phil - Is there any news about them selling the intercooler as an option with the JRSC rework?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To tell you the truth, I haven't even asked. If I thought it might be, I'd be in line to get one! I haven't seen the intercooler, but the space inside the manifold can't be a whole lot different. Except for the fact that his blower manifold comes apart, and if the intercooler was larger than the inlet to the JR manifold, it wouldn't work without some serious cutting.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was told the JRSC rebuild was still $1495, as the site says.

    ------------------
    95 GSR
    JRSC @ 11lbs, Dry Manifold NOS (Track), DC Header, Nakayama Intake, Brospeed Exhuast, RC 310cc injectors, Holley Pump, STR rail, Hyper R, B&M oil cooler, MSD6BTM, Blaster coil, MSD Cap, ACT 6 puck, Baer 13" Kit, Slotted/Xdrilled rear, Stainless lines, M/T for the track, blah, blah, blah......

    *** Going to TOO for a complete motor and blower rebuild. (8/00)

    229hp
    185 ftlbs w/o juice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •